- 1½ cups Jarred pasta sauce
- 1 freshpack Hooray Purée Carrot
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 large Egg whites
- 1 freshpack Hooray Purée Spinach
- Pinch of Pepper
- ½ cup Whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup Whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- ½ cup Grated Low-fat mozzarella
- 2 Tbs Grated Parmesan
- Adapted from Double Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix pasta sauce and carrot puree. Pour 1 cup of the mixture into an 8x12" dish. Set aside.
- Place the chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper. With a mallet, pound the chicken till thin. Place in a colander and rinse under cold water. Squeeze the lemon juice on top of the chicken. Let drain.
- In medium bowl, whisk egg whites and spinach puree. Sprinkle the chicken with pepper. Place the flour on a sheet of waxed paper. Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge the chicken in the flour, dip in the egg wash, the press into the breadcrumbs to coat both sides.
- Coat 2 medium-sized skillets with cooking spray. Divide the oil between the 2 skillets and heat over medium-high. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook 5-6 minutes, turning once, until both sides are brown. Transfer to the prepared dish and lay over the sauce. Top with the remaining sauce, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in the preheated over 15-20 minutes, uncovered, until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
Spinach is an excellent source of fiber, which helps lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar levels.
©2013 Hooray Purée. Hooray Purée is a registered trademark of Hooray Purée, LLC.