- 6 lbs 6 oz Raw ground beef/pork
- 5 oz Fresh onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp, 1 tsp Granulated garlic
- 2 tsp Ground black or white pepper
- 8 oz (1 cup) Canned tomato paste
- 1 quart, 1.3 oz Hooray Purée Spinach
- 2 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 Tbsp, 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1½ tsp Onion powder
- 1 lb, 10 oz Reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 lb, 7 oz Lettuce, shredded
- 1 lb, 5 oz Tomatoes, chopped/diced
- 100 Enriched taco shells (.45 oz each)
- Brown ground beef of pork. Drain. Add Spinach puree and mix well. Continue immediately.
- Add onions, granulated garlic, pepper, tomato paste, and seasonings. Blend well. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Stir periodically.
CCP: Heat to 155 F for at least 15 seconds.
- CCP: Hold for hot service at 135 F or higher.
- For topping: Set cheese aside for step 5. Combine lettuce and tomatoes. Toss lightly. Set mixture aside for step 5.
- Serving suggestions (2 tacos per serving)
A. Before serving or on serving line, fill each taco shell with a No. 30 scoop (2 Tbsp) meat mixture. On each student tray, serve 2 tacos, No. 10 scoop lettuce and tomato mixture, and ½ oz (2 Tbsp) shredded cheese.
B.1. Preportion No. 10 scoop lettuce and tomato mixture and ½ oz (2 Tbsp) shredded cheese into individual souffle cups. Refrigerate till serving time.
©2013 Hooray Purée. Hooray Purée is a registered trademark of Hooray Purée, LLC.