- 1 Medium head cauliflower
- 1 Tbs Trans-fat-free margarine spread
- 2 tsp All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Skim milk
- ½ cup Reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 freshpack Hooray Purée Butternut Squash or Carrot
- ½ tsp Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 2 Tbs Grated parmesan
- Adapted from Double Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld
- Preheat the over to 400 Degrees.
- Bring medium saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-size florets. Blanch for 2-3 minutes so that they just begin to get tender but are still firm. Drain in a colander. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the margarine. Whisk in the flour and cook 1 minute over medium heat. Slowly whisk in the milk to prevent lumps from forming and bring to a boil. The mixture will begin to thicken. Cook 2-3 minutes more. Reduce the heat to low and add the cheddar, puree, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cauliflower to the cheese mixture and transfer to a greased 9" baking dish. Top with grated Parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes until the gratin is bubbly and the top begins to brown. Serve immediately.
We've made it easy for you to find a recipe to use in your favorite Hooray Purée product. Simply use the search criteria below to start your search.
Butternut Squash is an excellent source of carotenoids, which helps protect against heart disease.
©2013 Hooray Purée. Hooray Purée is a registered trademark of Hooray Purée, LLC.