- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Whole-wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ cup Light olive oil
- 1¼ cups Packed brown sugar
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 freshpack Hooray Purée Spinach
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Low-fat buttermilk
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 stick Unsalted butter, softened
- 1¼ cups Confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups Marshmallow cream
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- Adapted from Double Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees. Whisk together the flours, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl until combined.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until well combined. Add the egg whitess and mix on low until well blended. Blend in the spinach puree and vanilla.
- Alterately, add in the flour mixture and the buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour, mixing until smooth and just combined.
- Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto the baking sheets. Bake until the cakes are cooked through and spring back to the touch, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Make the filling. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together all ingredients until smooth. Spread filling on the flat sides of half of the cakes and top with remaining cakes.
We've made it easy for you to find a recipe to use in your favorite Hooray Purée product. Simply use the search criteria below to start your search.
Spinach is an excellent source of fiber, which helps lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar levels.
©2013 Hooray Purée. Hooray Purée is a registered trademark of Hooray Purée, LLC.